Check In Procedures
- Report any mechanical or cleaning issues upon check in. No refunds will be issued for unreported problems.
- Remember, check in is after 3pm without exception. Cleaners are cleaning the unit from 10:15am until 3pm and have instructions to depart upon tenant’s early arrival, regardless if the home is finished or not.
- Leave refrigerator settings on factory defaults (or middle number). Turning them all the way up will cause an imbalance of air and will actually slow the cooling of your food.
- Set a/c thermostat no lower than 66 in the summer as this may cause the unit to freeze up and you will have to wait up to 4 hours with no a/c for it to thaw. Fan setting should be set to auto.
- All homes are non-smoking & only pet friendly homes allow pets. Please clean up after your pet.
- Over occupancy can result in immediate eviction per Bedford County Ordinance without refund.
- Park all cars, trailers, & boats on the property you rented. No parking on lawns or using neighboring docks.
- Noise ordinance hours are from 10pm to 7am. Please respect your neighbors.
- Renters in “no wake” coves must run watercraft at idle speed in cove. The Coast Guard does issue tickets.
Report any existing damages when you arrive so we can deal with them asap and keep the inconvenience to your trip to a minimum. Our homes are well maintained, but please understand that just like your own home, unexpected breakdowns and malfunctions do occur. Our professional staff will make every effort to remedy these situations and correct any problems in a timely manner; however, refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment mechanical failures, unfavorable weather, early departure, interruption of utilities, construction in the area or other guest dissatisfaction. If a service call is deemed unnecessary, or a maintenance repair is needed as a result of tenant actions, the cost will be charged to your account or deducted from your security deposit. Agent retains the right to enter the property for maintenance, repairs, or care of the property during reasonable hours. We will make every effort possible not to disrupt your stay.
Check Out Procedures
- Fill out the attached How Did We Do sheet so we can continue to improve each renter’s experience.
- Set thermostats to AUTO and 55 in the winter, 80 in the summer.
- Take out your trash to nearest dumpsite. $10/bag charge for trash left at the house.
- All damages must be reported by checkout to be covered by the Limited Damage Waiver. Damages not reported are charged to the
credit card on file.
- Remove all food from refrigerator, wipe out any spills.
- Wash all dishes, either by hand or load and run the dishwasher.
- Please make sure you have taken all your belongings with you. We cannot be responsible for items left behind; however, items
found by the cleaners, we can mail them back to you at a charge of $15 plus shipping.
- If you have moved any furniture, either inside or outside, please return it to its original place.
- Clean the grill; there is a $20 charge for grills left dirty.
- If you have purchased a propane refill for the gas grill, please mail/fax your receipt to our office.
- Lock all doors and windows and turn off all lights.
- Don’t forget to make your reservations for next year with a fully refundable $200 deposit.
Garbage Collection Sites
Near Hales Ford Bridge Area: From C B Office , right on 122 4.3 miles. Turn left at the green Bedford County Waste and Recycling Center sign..7AM-7PM. Recycling available
Westlake Area: From Westlake Corner stoplight: Right on 616 apx 3 miles, dumpsters are located at the intersection of 616 and 833 on the right, 3135 Lovely Valley Dr Moneta, VA 24121
Near the State Park or Mountain View Shores: 2967 Fairview Church Rd. At White House store, turn Left on 608, apx 2 miles, Left on Fairview Church Rd. Recycling available
Village East, High Point, Hickory Cove: On 655 just past the VDOT Garage take a left at large water tower, 3.0 miles from 122. 7AM-7PM. Recycling available
Penhook Area: At the end of 626 (going toward 40)