Smith Mountain Lake Rental Policies
Smith Mountain Lake Rental Policies on Reservations
Rental rates are broken into 4 seasons: Winter, Spring/ Fall, Summer and Holiday.
In addition to the rental rate, the following charges also apply:
- 5.3% Virginia Sales Tax
- 5% County lodging tax
- Cleaning fee: $100 for most properties, up to $200 for larger homes
- Reservation fee: $10/night or $50/wk
- Limited Damage Waiver: $50 (required for parties of 4 or more) OR a $300 security deposit
- Pet fee: $10/night or $50/wk per pet (pet friendly homes only)
We make every effort to match the needs of our tenants with the correct home. Please choose your home with care; no changes will be made upon arrival.
Half of the total for your rental is due at the time of booking. We accept Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. The balance is charged 14 days prior to your arrival.
Personal checks are acceptable for the final half if received at least 30 days prior to arrival. Credit card, cashier’s checks or travelers checks are acceptable after this period. All monies are placed in an interest bearing escrow account, and all interest earned is the property of CB Rentals & Sales.
Limited Damage Waiver and Security Deposits
A “Limited Damage Waiver” is available for $50.00 and provides coverage for damages to the unit as a result of your inadvertent act or omissions during the duration of your stay. Maximum limit of this waiver or liability is $1000 aggregate per stay. These protection plan fees must be paid at the time of booking and are nonrefundable. Any damages must be reported in writing by the tenant’s time of departure to be covered. Tenant has the option to pay a $300 damage deposit in lieu of the “Limited Damage Waiver”. The unit will be inspected after it is vacated. If the inspection results in a retention of any funds for the deposit, documentation will be sent along with any remaining balance. ALL RESERVATION DEPOSITS ARE RETURNED ON THE 10th OF THE MONTH FOLLOWING DEPARTURE DATE. (ex: a reservation with a 8/4 departure date will be refunded 9/10. ) Guests will be charged for any damages, missing items, additional cleaning, house occupancy over the limit, moving furniture, late check out, failure to return keys, trash removal, etc on the original credit card (if none is available, tenant will be billed).
All cancellations must be in writing. All monies paid are non-refundable if we are unable to re-rent the unit. If we are able to re-rent the unit, then all monies minus 25% will be refunded. Any change or transfer to other units or dates on the same unit are subject to a $50 transfer fee, provided that the original reservation is re-rented for the same rate and time.
Pets and Smoking
Units which do allow pets require an additional $10 per day non-refundunable fee or $50 per week whichever is less. Pets must be on a leash at all times. No smoking inside units. An additional fine of up to $300 may be charged to the original credit card (if none is available, tenant will be billed) if tenant smokes inside unit or brings a pet to the property without notifying CB Sales & Rentals.
Check In & Check Out
Check-in is any time after 3PM. Check-out is 10AM. Each rental has a lockbox located at the house with the keys inside. You are given a code for the lockbox once you reserve the property. Renters do not need to check in at the rental office; we direct you straight to the rental unit. Remember to bring sheets, towels, toiletries paper products, and trash bags. Linens are available for rental through Lake Linen Service 540-798-3769 www.smllakelinen.com Housekeeping arrives at 10:15. Late checkouts will be charged a double cleaning fee. Leave both keys in lockbox, $30/key charged for lost/unreturned keys. Take out your trash upon departure. There is a $10/bag charge for trash left at the home.
All units are privately owned and are furnished to the owner’s personal preference. Units are furnished with dishes, cooking utensils, flatware, pots, pans, furniture, pillows, blankets and bedspreads. All units have central air, microwave, dishwasher, washer & dryer, and coffee maker, tvs, dvd player, basic cable, etc unless specified.
Sheets, pillow cases, towels, wash and dish cloths, toilet paper, soap, paper towels, cleansers, garbage bags, paper products, etc.
Most homes are furnished with a gas grill. Propane tanks for gas grills are filled at the beginning of the season; however, if they are empty, we are not responsible for refill. You may refill them and present a copy of the receipt upon departure for reimbursement. Please, no charcoal in gas grills. The incoming guests appreciate the courtesy of a clean grill. Grills left dirty will result in a $20.00 charge.
Errors – or if a Home is Unavailable
Every precaution is taken to guarantee the availability of the unit you have selected. However, if the unit becomes unavailable, we reserve the right to transfer you to comparable accommodations. Description, rates and property amenities listed in this brochure and/or rental agreement are subject to change without notice. Omissions, additions, or errors, and changes in property bedding, furnishings, equipment, etc., may occur and we are not responsible.
Maintenance and Repairs:
Our homes are well maintained, but please understand that just like your own home, unexpected breakdowns and malfunctions do occur. We will make every effort to remedy these situations and correct any problems in a timely manner. We have maintenance personnel available, so please report any inoperative equipment or problems to our office immediately. For non-emergency situations, please call during office hours, or leave a detailed message. For emergency maintenance, please call the after hours number. Our professional staff will help remedy these situations in a timely manner; however, refunds will not be issued due to malfunctioning equipment mechanical failures, unfavorable weather, early departure, interruption of utilities, construction in the area or other guest dissatisfaction. If a service call is deemed unnecessary, or a maintenance repair is needed as a result of tenant actions, the cost will be charged to your account or deducted from your security deposit. Agent retains the right to enter the property for maintenance, repairs, or care of the property during reasonable hours. We will make every effort possible not to disrupt your stay.
Tenants are NOT allowed to use the lifts at the docks. Tenants may use the floating or stationary docks to park their boats, but due to insurance reasons are unable to operate lifts.
- Wipe out and empty the refrigerator and the cabinets of all items you brought to the unit.
- Wash and properly put away all dishes in their correct location..
- The incoming guests appreciate the courtesy of a clean grill. Grills left dirty will result in a $20.00 charge.
- Please make sure when removing your linens from the beds, that any mattress pads, pillows, pillow cases, etc. that belong to the unit are left in the unit. If you utilized the linen service for your vacation, please remove the linens from the beds and place back into the bag in which they came.
- Please remove all trash from the unit. Directions to the nearest trash dumpsters are provided in the Reservation Booked Confirmation. Failure to remove all trash from the unit will result in a $10 per bag charge to your account.
- Leave furniture, TV/VCR/DVD’s, and game systems arranged as you found them.
- In the summer, please set the thermostat to 80 degrees and 55 degrees in the winter.
- Please close and lock all windows and doors and turn off all lights and ceiling fans. Pay special attention to outside floodlights.
- Please do a final walk through to check that all of the above items have been done, and that you haven’t left any personal items behind. CB Sales & Rentals is not responsible for personal items left in the unit.
- Please return both keys to the lockbox. Loss of keys will result in a $30.00 per key charge.