Vacation Rental Management
So, you are thinking about renting your home. We are here to help! Our primary focus on making your property work for you while keeping it in top notch condition with features including:
- Complete property management with only 22% commission, owner loyalty program that could reduce it as low as 17%
- Free VRBO / HomeAway listing
- 24/7 online reservations
- Free virtual tour photo shoot of your home
- free online syndication to additional partner websites
- Collection and payment of all state and local taxes
- Owner Login page to check your home’s progress and book it for yourself
- Regular inspections by our office agents
- The same cleaner handles your cleaning every week in the summer
- 24/7 Emergency contact for owners and renters
- 2013 & 2014 held a 95% occupancy rate for the summer season. Not too shabby!
CB Sales & Rentals, Inc. is one of the oldest, most recognized and respected property management companies at Smith Mountain Lake.
With age comes experience and we’ve been around since 1992. In fact, we were one of the first rental companies on the lake. Being one of the oldest and largest property management companies at Smith Mountain Lake, we have learned what works and what doesn’t when it comes to managing your property. We understand how valuable your time, money and most importantly, peace of mind is when it comes to finding the right company to manage your investment.
Property management is pretty tough work, but in 20+ years we have seen it all, been through it all, and have it down to a science! The challenge is not just finding renters, but cleaning, scheduling, repairing, bookkeeping, and taking care of the guests to make sure they come back year after year all while making sure your home investment is protected. There are a lot of things that go into making sure your rental is ready and things go smoothly. We take pictures of the home, shoot a free virtual tour of the home, list it many places online, take reservations, accept credit cards, handle all the accounting, pay state sales tax, pay local occupancy tax, prepare your 1099, pay out any bills you may have incurred from your escrow account, arrange for services and repairs, arrange for cleaning and inspection of your unit after each rental, list your home on VRBO/HomeAway for free, take after hours emergency calls, send you annual home inspection reports, email comments from cleaners and renters, and personally take care of any renter’s concerns or questions. Summer of 2013 & 2014 we boasted a 95% occupancy rate. We don’t just promise results, we deliver!
Contact us today to get a personalized rental projection of what your property could earn for you!
Long Term Rental Management
There are many benefits to using CB Sales & Rentals, Inc. as your long term rental management company.
- We screen potential renters with a credit check as well as a reference check. The credit check shows us their payment history. If a prospective renter pays other people on time, it is likely they will pay us on time. This keeps your home producing income and weeds our unreliable tenants. The reference check allows us to find out any issues their past landlord may have had, and keeps us alert for any red flags.
- While you may be sympathetic to a renter who is having trouble making their rent payments on time, we are bound by Fair Housing laws, and must fully enforce the renter’s duty to pay their rent on time, without exception. Renters are more likely to ask for extentions from individual homeowners than they are from a management company.
- If you do not live in the area, keeping tabs on your property may be difficult. We only manage homes in the Smith Mountain Lake area so we are able to do inspections at your request to ensure that your home stays in the proper condition while you are renting.
- We are able to market your property to a much larger audience, which will help it get rented quicker and less expensive than having to take out ads in the local paper.
- We deal with the showing of the home. This means you do not have to open your home up to people who have contacted you off internet advertising sites who may not be qualified to rent the home, or may have ulterior motives.
- We handle all contact with the renter. When they have a maintenance call at 2am, they call us, not you.
- We have very detailed leases with our tenants, so there is no gray area if they do not hold up their end of the lease. We have never lost a court case against someone who has broken the lease. We handle all the legal procedings for you as your agent.
Please let us know if you would like us to schedule an appointment to take a look at your home.
Visit us at our sister site http://smithmountainlakevacationrental.com and http://rentsml.com