There are many benefits to using CB Sales & Rentals, Inc. as your long term rental management company.
- We screen potential renters with a credit check as well as a reference check. The credit check shows us their payment history. If a prospective renter pays other people on time, it is likely they will pay us on time. This keeps your home producing income and weeds our unreliable tenants. The reference check allows us to find out any issues their past landlord may have had, and keeps us alert for any red flags.
- While you may be sympathetic to a renter who is having trouble making their rent payments on time, we are bound by Fair Housing laws, and must fully enforce the renter’s duty to pay their rent on time, without exception. Renters are more likely to ask for extentions from individual homeowners than they are from a management company.
- If you do not live in the area, keeping tabs on your property may be difficult. We only manage homes in the Smith Mountain Lake area so we are able to do inspections at your request to ensure that your home stays in the proper condition while you are renting.
- We are able to market your property to a much larger audience, which will help it get rented quicker and less expensive than having to take out ads in the local paper.
- We deal with the showing of the home. This means you do not have to open your home up to people who have contacted you off internet advertising sites who may not be qualified to rent the home, or may have ulterior motives.
- We handle all contact with the renter. When they have a maintenance call at 2am, they call us, not you.
- We have very detailed leases with our tenants, so there is no gray area if they do not hold up their end of the lease. We have never lost a court case against someone who has broken the lease. We handle all the legal procedings for you as your agent.
Below are the documents for long term property management for your review. Please contact our rental office to make sure you have the most current copy.
Please let us know if you would like us to schedule an appointment to take a look at your home.